Field Service Engineer
MSAB is a global leader in digital forensic technology for mobile device examination with offices around the world and headquarters in Sweden. The company has been involved with mobile communications since 1984 and now has a singular focus on the forensic recovery of data from mobile devices. MSAB’s products and solutions are used by Police, Law Enforcement, Military, Government Intelligence Agencies and Forensic Laboratories in over 100 countries worldwide to investigate crime, investigate fraud and fight corruption.
Our core beliefs:
- Pioneers in mobile forensics
- Top performance, evolving, rising to challenges and sharing our vast knowledge
- Friendly, a good workplace gives happy employees, which means happy colleagues and customers
- Responsible for our employees and customers, through honest and ethical work
The primary objective of this role is to provide an onsite technical support service for MSAB customers.
As a Field Service Engineer, your role will include the following:
- Technical Support and guidance for customer end-user devices (e.g. all-in-one ‘Kiosks’ )
- Frequent on-site customer visits and travel to specified secure buildings and locations
- Proactive monitoring of customer environment while resolving technical issues by phone, email or in person
- Manage, diagnose, and resolve escalated incidents by the customer within pre agreed SLA’s
- Report and liaise with MSAB Technical Support team to aid future product development
- Support with Hardware Component Replacements, build and disassembly
- Software installations, upgrades and patches etc
- Contact and manage 3d party vendors including consultants representing the end customer
- Reporting and documenting visits in the company CRM solution for future reference
- Occasional briefings and meetings with key customer representatives to explain support requirements
- Occasional attendance at MSAB events and conferences to help and support customer liaison
- Occasional travel to other MSAB company locations in Sweden
- Represent MSAB in a professional manner when dealing with various customer shareholders.
MSAB is looking for an individual with at least 5 years' experience in an existing Technical Support role or alternatively working with a hardware/software technology background. The candidate should be someone who enjoys a challenge and is customer-focused. The ideal individual will need to demonstrate competency across various software and hardware products, including Windows all-in-one computers. A working knowledge of IT networks, TCP/IP and server connectivity is necessary.
Essential for the role is a professional outlook & demeanour, good communication skills, and can be comfortable working independently. Previous knowledge of digital forensics or law enforcement support services would be extremely desirable.
You should be a self-driven individual with a passion for delivering results, able to operate in a high-growth business whilst supporting a stable and innovative customer base. You are a team orientated and have the ability to communicate clearly at a number of levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
Application Vetting: Applicants will need to pass minimum UK national security vetting processes to successfully meet the job specifications and hold both a current UK Passport and Driving license.
Location: The location for this role is ideally suited for someone in Reading, Thames Valley or the North Hampshire region.
Didn’t find the right position?
Send an open application and tell us more about you.
If you would like to request a quote or learn more about our products, contact sales
If you have a general question, let us know here and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.