Technical Sales Engineer
MSAB is a global leader in digital forensic technology for mobile device examination with offices around the world and headquarters in Sweden. The company has been involved with mobile communications since 1984 and now has a singular focus on the forensic recovery of data from mobile devices.
MSAB’s products and solutions are used by Police, Law Enforcement, Military, Government Intelligence Agencies and Forensic Laboratories in over 100 countries worldwide to investigate crime, investigate fraud and fight corruption.
You will part of a cutting-edge team who are developing some of the latest mobile forensic technology working in collaboration with other members of the Tech Sales team, as well as Area Sales Managers in both the UK and worldwide. As Technical Sales / Product Specialist you are responsible for providing the best possible technical support for MSAB customers. You will be expected to provide digital forensic tool and business process guidance to our clients, many of whom are law enforcement, military, and government users.
You will be expected to participate in meetings, presentations, webinars and events to demonstrate our product capabilities in a highly technical way. As a Technical Sales / Product Specialist you will communicate directly with customers, sales managers, and other MSAB departments within the organization to achieve set objectives and ensure the smooth delivery of ongoing projects.
Roles & Tasks
- Work closely with the area sales managers at MSAB to support the customers located across the regions, attending, and managing support visits and meetings.
- Work with the Pre and Post sales process, assisting the sales managers in demonstrating our technological and functional capabilities and benefits provided with MSAB products, services, and solutions
- Work with new tender bid activities and provide ongoing support to existing customer installations, both on hardware and software fronts.
- Work with solving technical issues and provide technical support to sales, partners, and customers.
- Advise on technical aspects of our client’s products and solutions, including project management and implementation requirements.
- Provide workshops, webinars and event “training sessions” for new and existing customers to educate and equip the customers with the right knowledge and understanding of MSAB products, services, and solutions.
- Engage and work alongside the sales managers, to ensure staff have the latest knowledge about MSAB and third-party products and releases.
- Proactively give feedback and lessons learnt to MSAB on various functions especially Research, Development, Sales/Marketing trends, competitors, and technology development in the mobile market from a technical standpoint.
- Providing field service and support, through management, diagnosis and resolution of escalated customer incidents.
- Effectively plan and manage Customer Service Contracts and ensure we meet expectations as agreed in customer service level agreements.
- Work closely with the Global support team for any issues that do/would occur with UK customer base. (Issues with releases/testing etc).
- Stay up to date with training and use of products. Further training in 3rd party products such as AZURE, AWS, SQL and Python for product integration.
Application Vetting: Applicants will need to pass minimum UK national security vetting processes to successfully meet the job specifications and hold both a current UK Passport and Driving license.
Location: The location for this role is ideally suited for someone within commuting range of our Reading Office. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK & Ireland with occasional visits to our HQ in Sweden.
Didn’t find the right position?
Send an open application and tell us more about you.
If you would like to request a quote or learn more about our products, contact sales
If you have a general question, let us know here and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.