MSAB is the global leader in forensic technology for mobile device examination with offices around the world and headquarters in Sweden. The company has been involved with mobile communications since 1984 and now has a singular focus on the forensic recovery of data from mobile devices.
MSAB’s products and solutions are used by Police, Law Enforcement, Military, Government Intelligence Agencies and Forensic Laboratories in over 100 countries worldwide to investigate crime, gather intelligence, investigate fraud and fight corruption.
As Senior Product Manager your role will include direct management of a portion of the overall MSAB ecosystem product portfolio. Both in terms of commercial positioning and roadmap planning as well as technical, iterative, product development requirements and prioritization.
You will be the point person responsible for all product release planning in terms of features, function, and priority. Part of this activity will include the overall technical direction for the special CORE layers of data organization, indexing and categorization of all related digital forensic data.
On the commercial side you will work closely with our sales and marketing departments as well as branch partners, agents, and most importantly customers. You will establish a relationship with the market and end users through social media, blogs, webinars and thru occasional direct customer meetings and workshops. As part of this responsibility you will maintain total command of all relevant competitive products, trends in the market and will maintain a strategic plan together with the CPO and the company Product Council.
You are a driven individual and a team player. You possess a keen interest in technology and in driving software-based product development.
As we deal with a large number of diverse customer needs and ideas from all over the world it is important for you to be able to efficiently organize and prioritize items into recognizable and understandable tasks and to be able to define clear business value for all initiatives.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience as a software developer working with low to mid-level languages (e.g. C/C++/C#) or alternately specific technical knowledge within database organization, search techniques, data indexing, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of long-term software based product development gained working directly within a professional product-based organization.
- Minimum of five years professional experience as a product manager (or similar) for a software-based product, within a product-based company.
- Minimum of three years professional experience as a product manager (or similar) within a software product-based product company using an agile sprint-based development process.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience across several aspects of a standard software product development lifecycle.
- Demonstrable significant level of experience working with customers and partners thru live presentations, webinars, panels, workshops, blogs, and social media; minimum three years professional experience.
- Strongly recommended minimum two years professional experience as a product manager for a software-based product that has a significant digital UI
- Professional experience with ownership of competitive analysis
Commercial (strongly recommended):
- Direct profit/loss responsibility for a product or product area or similar; preferably with demonstrated success
- Professional experience working directly with business case creation at a product and/or project-based level
- Professional experience as an “owner” of a long-term product and/or product area strategy
- Professional experience working directly with customers and partners in commercial sales situations, e.g. Account Management, Business Development, Partner Management