MSAB – Data Protection Policy
MSAB (Micro Systemation) protects your personal privacy. This data protection policy explains how MSAB collects, protects and uses personal data. This policy also describes your rights and gives you guidance on how you can protect your rights. You can always contact us for privacy and data protection issues by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
We are transparent about how we collect and process personal data. MSAB collects only personal information that is necessary, relevant and not superfluous for the purpose for which they are intended. Normally, we collect your personal information when you:
- Buy our products or services
- In various interactions with MSAB, for example at a trade show or through our website, express an interest in our products or services and thus want additional information that may lead to our products or services being purchased
- Register to attend our training and seminars
- Receive information and sign up for our subscription service for newsletters, etc.
- Particiapate in surveys
- Apply for open positions or report your interest in employment with MSAB
- Visit one of our offices, or otherwise contact us
You may directly, or indirectly, provide us with personal data in a variety of ways as stated above. This data might be:
- Various contact information – name, position / title, organization / company, e-mail address, street address, mobile phone number, etc.
- Relevant information about your and / or your organization’s needs for the products and services provided by MSAB.
- Payment and delivery information – shipping address, other invoice information such as VAT number, etc.
The information you provide us is generally necessary to enter into a contractual relationship with us, or else necessary to provide you with further information about our products and services.
What do we do with your information?
All data is used to provide, perform and improve MSAB products and services. MSAB processes personal data for the following purposes with reference to applicable legal basis:
|Purpose of collecting personal data||Legal basis for collecting data|
|Deliver and provide MSAB products and services||Carry out our contractual obligations towards you|
|Provide support during the license period||Carry out our contractual obligations towards you|
|Provide updates to our software during the license period||Carry out our contractual obligations towards you|
|Communicate relevant information about MSAB products and services||Consent and legitimate intereset|
MSAB may also use your data to communicate other relevant information and to perform customer satisfaction surveys regarding our products and services (e.g., after you contact MSAB Customer Service) via digital communication channels and/or by telephone. If you do not want to receive such communication, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With whom may we share your information?
We may transfer to or share your information with selected third parties, according to the following principle: We take all reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure that your data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection upon transfer to or sharing with such selected third parties. We are responsible for making sure they commit themselves to adhere to this data protection policy and applicable data protection legislation by signing a Data Processing Agreement.
We may share your personal information with suppliers or subcontractors for the performance of our contractual obligations to you and for other purposes as set out in this Data Protection Policy. In order to provide relevant information about our products and services, we use from time to time external distribution services, for example e-mail distribution services. Information with correct address information is shared with logistics and transport companies who deliver your ordered products. MSAB may provide necessary information to authorities such as the police, tax authorities or other authorities if we are required to do so by law or if you have agreed to do so. An example of legal obligation to provide information is for measures against money laundering and terrorist financing.
What we will NOT do with your data
We will not, in any circumstances, sell or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties that are not associated with the delivery and execution of MSAB products and services.
Safe processing of your personal data
We always strive to process your data within the EU / EEA. However, the data may in some situations be transferred to, and processed in, non-EU / EEA countries by a company within the MSAB group or by another subcontractor. As MSAB is determined to always protect your data, MSAB will take all reasonable legal, technical and organizational measures to ensure that your data is handled securely and with an adequate level of protection comparable to and at the same level as the protection offered in EU / EEA.
Because there are always risks associated with disclosing personal data, whether it is done in person, by phone, over the Internet or otherwise, and since no technique is completely safe from hackers or other manipulation, MSAB takes appropriate technical and organizational information security measures to prevent and limit such risks. MSAB will take reasonable steps to protect personal data against unauthorized access, disclosure, abuse, change and destruction. Only authorized personnel have access to identifiable personal data transmitted through MSAB’s websites. These employees are required to keep such sensitive data confidential.
How long do we save your personal information?
We will only save your data for as long as it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations to you and as long as required by statutory storage times. When we save your data for other purposes, for example, to provide you with relevant information about MSAB’s products and services, with the support of consent and public interest, you are always welcome to use your rights as stated below.
Your rights to your personal data
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that MSAB holds about you.
- The right to request that MSAB correct your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data be deleted (“the right to be forgotten”) when it is no longer necessary for MSAB to retain such data. Please note that other laws might partially prevent you from using this right (e.g., laws on taxation and keeping of accounting records).
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications.
- The right to request that MSAB provide you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights or execution of rights should be sent to email@example.com.
Incident with personal data
A personal data incident is an event that causes personal information to fall into the wrong hands to be, lost or updated incorrectly. Such an incident, if assessed to be material, shall be notified to the governing authority within 72 hours and to the person to which the information relates. If the incident is assessed to be non-significant/not material, the incident is only documented in MSAB’s internal monitoring of compliance with this policy.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
MSAB reserves the right to amend this Data Protection Policy at any time. The applicable version will be available on our website (msab.com). We encourage you to check this data protection policy occasionally to ensure that you are content with any changes. When we make changes to this policy, we will change the revision date at the bottom of this page. The changed policy is valid for you and your personal information after that date. If we make changes that significantly alter our data protection practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Employee responsibility to comply with this policy
MSAB’s employees are required to comply with this policy.
Governance and compliance
MSAB reviews the effectiveness of its Data Protection Policy program. We conduct annual evaluations to measure compliance with this policy.
Reporting breach of this policy
Violations of this policy should be reported via appropriate channels. Reporting can be done anonymously and without risk of reprisals. You can always turn to MSAB via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Data Protection Policy or regarding any processing of your personal information, please ask them by emailing email@example.com
This Data Protection Policy was updated March 25, 2018.