MSAB is a global leader in forensic technology for mobile device examination, with offices in Europe and in the USA, as well as a network of distributors across the globe. Our products are used by Police, Law Enforcement, Military, Government Intelligence Agencies and Forensic Laboratories in over 100 countries worldwide to investigate crime, gather intelligence, investigate fraud and fight corruption. The company is based in Stockholm and has been listed on the Swedish Stock Exchange since 1999. We have been recognized for the past 3 years running by The Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA program as a technology company that has achieved the fastest rates of annual revenue growth in EMEA during the past five years.
The UX Writer will together with our writer team be responsible for the user information of MSAB’s software and help shape product experiences by crafting text that helps users complete the task at hand. The person will communicate directly with users, designers and developers.
- Make our software sound human.
- Help users achieve their goals with language.
- Process complex information and use clear, concise and useful words to describe it.
- Develop company style guides for help topics and UI communication.
- Develop peer-review routines for writing team, do peer-review.
- Develop single-source information architecture.
- Develop companywide terminology management.
- Do continuous terminology maintenance.
- Write for users, in help topics and UI communication.
- Write user instructions and descriptive content.
- Write instructions for Quick Start, Installation, License Registration and User Guides.
- Produce content for Application and Documentation in PDF and HTML media.
- Manage translations for help topics and UI strings for 130 publications in 10 languages.
- Evangelize and promote good information management practices in the organization.
- High technical understanding.
- Experience in topic-based writing.
- Experience working in software development.
- Experience working with single-sourced content architecture.
- Experience working with XML and CSS, preferably in Madcap Flare.
- Experience of Content Management Systems, preferably Madcap Flare.
- Experience of Translation Management Systems, preferably MadCap Lingo.
- Experience working with technical writing style guides (in-house company style guides, Global English Style Guide, Microsoft Manual of Style etc.).
- Academic degree with at least two years of relevant experience.
- Cooperative and enjoy working both independently as well as part of a team.
- Dedicated, team-oriented and proactive with a “can do attitude” and positive approach.
- An engineer’s mindset for solving problems.
- Fluency in both Swedish and English.
• Experience working with JIRA/Confluence.
• Experience in writing in the spirit of Simplified Technical English.
• Experience of Terminology Management Software tools (MultiTerm or similar)
For more information regarding this position please contact Marcus Näsström: +46 70 767 91 01 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.